Tuesday 7 October 2008

Banana Yogurt Cake or bread???



Into bananas recently, not becos I want to, but more of like, what I am suppose to do with all these bananas? After the 10km run on Sunday for the Terry Fox run, the helpers generously gave my husband a bunch of bananas... haaa, think we must have looked desperately in need of food.
After my last attempt on the banana walnut cake, I concluded that milk is needed to make a moist banana cake. But I did not want to buy a carton of milk just for 2 tbsp, so I decided to use yogurt instead.
I used this recipe to start off my banana cake, with some modifications though. I omitted the lemon juice and rind, and reduce the butter to 5 oz. What I have added are a handful of walnuts, oatmeal, 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and 200g of low fat yogurt. Bake as indicated in the recipe and voila! A moist banana cake, with just the right sweetness. Could do with a bit more of cinnamon though. A recipe for keeps. ;)

No comments: