Sunday 18 January 2009

Peanut cookies


Yes, they are peanut cookies. Just that I am short of the amount required,:P Ended up adding grounded black sesame. Followed the recipe fromY3K 'New Year Cookies'. Wonder if it's the recipe or the plain flour that I used, but the oil quantity indicated in the recipe is less than what I actually used...
Recipe extracted from Y3K
300 grams of peanuts (roasted, milled)
300 grams of plain flour
1/4 tsp of salt
200g caster sugar
150ml of groundnut oil
Mix all ingredients in a big mixing bowl to form a dough. Roll dough into small balls and glaze with beaten egg yolk. Bake at 170 degrees for 15-20 mins.
Note: I used the proportions above, but the oil was insufficient. I had to add more oil slowly to form the dough. Made 2 portions and made 183 pieces. I used a mini ice cream scoop to do this which is so efficient, better than having to roll all the cookies.The cookies tasted ok, quite a fool proof recipe. ;)


No comments: